10th Annual EXACT Yorkville 5K Run,
Broadcast time: 10:45
Thursday, September 5, 2019
Public Safety - Major Events
On Sunday, September 8, 2019, at 9 a.m., the 10th Annual EXACT Yorkville 5K run will take place.
Road closures will be in place during the day from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
The race will follow this route:
- Bay Street at Scollard Street to southbound Bay Street, from Scollard Street to Bloor Street West (half-road, all southbound lanes)
- cross Bloor Street West, southbound Bay Street, from Bloor Street West to Wellesley Street West (all southbound lanes)
As runners approach Wellesley Street, route will taper from half-road to curb lane, southbound on Bay Street, from Wellesley Street West to Dundas Street West (curb lane only)
- westbound Dundas Street West from Bay Street to University Avenue (curb lane only)
- cross College Street, northbound on Queen's Park/Queen's Park Crescent East/Queen's Park, from College Street to Bloor Street West (curb lane only)
- northbound on Avenue Road, from Bloor Street West to Davenport Road (curb lane only)
- eastbound onto Davenport Road then southbound on Davenport Road from Avenue Road to Belmont Street (parking lane, bike lane and center lane)
- exception: Davenport Road from Avenue Road to Belmont Street/New Street (passing lane will remain open to traffic)
Finish line: Davenport Road, just south of New Street (half-road, all southbound lanes).
Motorists can expect delays in the area and should consider alternate methods of transportation. The TTC will experience delays and be re-routed around the area.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Alex Li, Corporate Communications, for Constable Isabel Ethier, Public Safety - Major Events