City of Toronto hosts Open Streets Toronto,
Broadcast time: 10:45
Friday, September 13, 2019
Public Safety - Major Events
On Sunday, September 15, 2019, the City of Toronto will host Open Streets Toronto.
Bloor Street, between Ossington Avenue and Church Street, and Yonge Street, between Davenport Avenue and Queen Street, will be fully closed to vehicles from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Vehicles will only be able to cross the route at the following designated crossing points:
- Bloor Street West at Christie Street/Grace Street
- Bloor Street West at Bathurst Street
- Bloor Street West at Spadina Avenue
- Bloor Street West at Avenue Road
- Bloor Street West at Bay Street
- Yonge Street at Wellesley Street
- Yonge Street at College Street
- Yonge Street at Gerrard Street
- Yonge Street at Dundas Street
- Yonge Street at Shuter Street
Motorists can expect significant delays in the area and are advised to plan alternative routes where possible. It is strongly recommended that those attending Open Streets Toronto take public transit, walk, bicycle or make other arrangements.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications, for Constable Jennifer Ladouceur, Public Safety - Major Events