Arrest in Firearm Investigation
Jane Street/Sheppard Avenue
Man, 21, and woman, 22, arrested
Broadcast time: 13:00
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
West Field Command
Case #: 2019-1628807
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of two people who have been arrested for possessing firearms.
On Monday, August 26, 2019, the Toronto Police Service West Command Gun Violence Suppression Unit executed a search warrant at a home in the Jane Street/Sheppard Avenue area.
It is alleged that the following was seized:
- 9 mm calibre black Glock 17 handgun
- .45 calibre silver revolver
- one magazine for 40 mm calibre ammunition
- six rounds of 45 mm calibre ammunition
- one round of 9 mm calibre ammunition
- four rounds of 40 mm calibre ammunition
- three rounds of 38 special ammunition
- seven rounds of 22 mm calibre ammunition
Franklin Simon, 21, and Ansa Naveed, 22, both of Toronto, are each charged with:
1) two counts of Unauthorized possession of firearm
2) Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
3) Possession of prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition
4) three counts of Careless storage of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
5) Knowingly possess ammunition for transfer
They are both scheduled to appear at Toronto West Courts, 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Tuesday, August 27, 2019, at 10 a.m., in courtroom 204.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3166, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Mathew Tanel, West Command Gun Violence Suppression Unit