Arrest in Firearm Investigation,
Kipling Avenue and Rexdale Boulevard area,
Firearms seized and boy, 17, charged
Broadcast time: 11:06
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
West Field Command
Case #: 2019-1638325
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest of a boy in a firearm investigation.
On Tuesday, August 27, 2019, the Toronto Police Service 23 Major Crime Unit arrested a boy in the Kipling Avenue and Rexdale Boulevard area.
It is alleged that officers seized:
- .45 calibre Glock 30 handgun
- a magazine for 45 mm calibre ammunition
- six rounds of 45 mm calibre ammunition
A 17-year-old boy, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
2. Possession of a Firearm knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
3. Possession of a loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
4. Possession of a Firearm knowing Serial Number has been Tampered
5. Carry Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device in an unsafe manner
6. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in Motor Vehicle
7. Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained by Crime
8. Four counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance
9. Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
He is scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West on Wednesday, August 28, 2019.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3166, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Constable John Simon, 23 Division