Ukrainian Festival & Parade,
Friday, September 13, 2019 to Sunday, September 15, 2019,
Broadcast time: 09:15
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Public Safety - Major Events
The Ukrainian Festival & Parade will be held on Bloor Street West, between Jane Street and Runnymede Road, from Friday, September 13, 2019 at 5 p.m. until Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 7 p.m.
Event organizers anticipate approximately 700,000 people will attend this event during the three-day period.
Road closures for this event will run from Friday, September 13, 2019, at 9 a.m. until midnight on Sunday, September 15, 2019:
- Bloor Street West, from Jane Street and Runnymede Road (full closure on Bloor Street West)
- Bloor Street West road closure will extend from Runnymede Road to High Park Avenue for the parade on Saturday, September 14, 2019 from approximately 11 a.m. until noon.
Friday, September 13, 2019: 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Saturday, September 14, 2019: 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Sunday, September 15, 2019: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Ukrainian Parade will take place on Saturday, September 14, 2019, starting at 11 a.m. within High Park and will proceed out onto westbound Bloor Street West, northbound on Jane Street, and eastbound on Weatherell Street to the dispersal area. The parade concludes at approximately noon. The Bloor Street West road closure will extend from Runnymede Road to High Park Avenue during the parade.
TTC service adjustments:
- Jane Station bus service will travel north on Armadale Rd. and west on Weatherall St. and north on Jane St. to continue regular route during road closures
- Runnymede Station bus service will operate north on Kennedy Avenue, west on Colbeck Avenue, and north on Runnymede Road to continue the regular route
- Buses will operate through the Runnymede Road & Bloor Street West intersection throughout the weekend to service the Swansea area
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Constable Susan Guadagnano, Public Safety - Special Events