Arrest made in Shooting investigation,
Dixon Road and Highway 27
Broadcast time: 09:00
Monday, September 23, 2019
Case #: 2019-1732289
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in relation to a recent shooting investigation.
On Monday, September 9, 2019, at approximately 10:30 p.m., officers responded to a call for a shooting in the Dixon Road and Highway 27 area.
It is alleged that:
- two men became involved in an argument
- one of the men produced a gun and shot a 39-year-old man
- the suspect fled the scene
On Sunday, September 22, 2019, officers executed a Criminal Code search warrant at a home in the Dixie Road and Bloor Street area of Mississauga. As a result of the search warrant the following items were seized:
- a loaded Taurus .357 revolver
- a total of 14 rounds of ammunition
- 56.58 g of Cocaine
- a quantity of cash.
Vytautas Vilutis, 32, of Mississauga, was arrested and is charged with:
1) Attempt Murder
2) Carry Concealed Weapon
3) Fail To Comply with Recognizance
4) Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
5) Possession of a Loaded Firearm
6) Careless Storage of a Firearm
7) Tampering with the Serial Number of a Firearm
8) Careless Storage of Ammunition
9) six counts of Fail to Comply Prohibition Order
10) Possession of a Schedule Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
11) Possession of Proceeds Obtained by Crime
He will appear in court at Old City Hall on Monday, September 23, 2019, at 10 a.m., in room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Kevin Moore, 23 Division