Arrest made in fraud investigation,
Woman faces two charges,
Her photograph is attached
Broadcast time: 16:30
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Case #: 2019-1800574
On Thursday, September 26, 2019, the Toronto Police Service Financial Crimes Unit were made aware of a large scale employee fraud.
It is alleged that:
- a woman was hired in 2016 as a bookkeeper and executive assistant for BHI Holdings
- during the month of September, 2019, an internal audit was conducted on the company's bank accounts
- as a result, a discrepancy of approximately $2 million dollars was discovered
- transactions which led to the discrepancy were conducted by the woman
On Tuesday, October 1, 2019, Sharina Imran-Khan, 42, of Toronto, was arrested.
She is charged with :
1. Fraud over $5000
2. Laundering Proceeds of Crime
She was scheduled to appear in court at College Park courts, on Tuesday, October 1, 2019, at 2:00 p.m., Courtroom 505.
Police believe that there may additional victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7310, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Adkin Holder, Financial Crimes Unit