Arrest made in Break and Enter Investigations,
Andrew Cardiazo Esguerra, 28,
Facing 8 charges
Broadcast time: 07:00
Sunday, October 6, 2019
Case #: 2019-1919776
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a break and enter investigation.
It is alleged that:
- between June 2019 and October 2019, a man committed a number of break and enters into various storage lockers throughout the City of Toronto
- the man began selling these stolen items on Kijiji
On Saturday, October 5, 2019, a Search Warrant was executed and a large quantity of stolen property were located and seized at a residence in the area of Oakwood Avenue and Vaughan Road.
The following items were seized/recovered:
- sports memorabilia
- stamp collections
- comic book collections
- video games
- boxed model cars
- and various other collectables
It is believed that the items came from the break and enters to the storage lockers, with an estimated value of $200,000.
Andrew Cardiazo Esguerra, 28, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1. Break and Enter commit
2. Possession of property obtained by crime over
3. Possession of break in instruments
4. Trafficking in stolen property
5. Possession of property for the purpose of trafficking
6. Possession of schedule I substance (Crystal Meth)
7. Two counts of Fail to comply recognizance
He is scheduled to appear at Old City Hall on Sunday, October 6, 2019, at 10 a.m., in room 101.
Anyone who may have been a victim of a storage locker break and enter and can identify any stolen items that have been recovered is encouraged to call investigators at 14 Division Major Crime Unit.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Katrina Arrogante, Corporate Communications, for Detective Darren Worth, 14 Division