Personal Injury Collision #54/2019,
Bay Street at College Street,
Man, 54, charged
Broadcast time: 08:20
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Case #: 2019-1600712
The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an arrest made in a Personal Injury Collision investigation.
On Thursday, August 22, 2019, at approximately 3:20 p.m., police received a report of a collision in the Bay Street at College Street area.
It is reported that:
• A 54-year-old man was driving a 2015 Toyota Highlander motor vehicle north on Bay Street at College Street
• It is believed that the driver disobeyed a red traffic signal at College Street and entered the intersection
• Several pedestrians were in the south pedestrian crosswalk of College Street at Bay Street at the time, crossing east and west. The driver struck four pedestrians.
• Two of the pedestrians, both women (69-year-old and 54-year-old) were carried into the intersection by the vehicle until it collided with a 2014 Toyota Corolla traveling west on College Street, operated by a woman, 24
• The 2014 Toyota Corolla collided with a 2017 Chevrolet Pick Up that was also travelling west on College Street. The pick up was operated by a man, 24
• The other two pedestrians struck (girl, 1-year-old, and man, 43-year-old) remained within the crosswalk
The investigation is ongoing by members of Traffic Services.
On Wednesday, October 9, 2019, John Ikwugbado, 54, of Brampton, was arrested and charged with:
1) two counts of Dangerous Operation of a Conveyance Causing Bodily Harm CC 320.13(2)
He is scheduled to appear in court at College Park on Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 2 p.m., room 505.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Sergeant Brett Moore, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services