Personal Injury Collision #66/2019,
Dufferin Street at Finch Avenue West
Broadcast time: 09:00
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Case #: 2019-1987118
On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, at 4:45 a.m., police responded to a call for a Personal Injury Collision that occurred at Dufferin Street at Finch Avenue West.
It is reported that:
- a 13-year-old driver and a 13-year-old passenger were in a family member’s car travelling southbound on Dufferin Street
- it is believed that the vehicle was travelling at a high rate of speed when it struck a fuel truck, at the intersection of Finch Avenue West
- a GO Transit bus was also struck after the initial collision
- the 13-year-old passenger was rushed to a hospital with serious injuries
- there were no other injuries to any other involved driver
- there was no breach of the fuel tanker truck
- the 13-year-old driver - a boy - is in police custody
- the intersection will remain closed for some time while police gather evidence
Police are asking local residents, businesses and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Sergeant Murray Campbell, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services