2019 Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon,
Saturday, October 19th and Sunday, October 20, 2019
Broadcast time: 10:15
Friday, October 18, 2019
Public Safety - Major Events
On Sunday, October 20, 2019, Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon will be taking place in the city.
This event includes a full marathon, half marathon and a 5K run and walk. It will proceed regardless of weather conditions.
Full Marathon: 8:45 a.m.
Half Marathon: 8:45 a.m.
5K Run/Walk: 8 a.m.
Road closures begin Saturday, October 19, 2019 and continue through until Sunday, October 20, 2019.
Motorists are advised to avoid roads around the route and plan their journeys ahead of time as traffic will be impacted.
The following road closures will be in place:
Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 11 a.m to Sunday, October 20, 2019 at 8 p.m:
- Bay Street, full roadway, from Queen Street to Dundas Street West;
- Local access to The Express Parking Garage, the Marriott Hotel, the Eaton Centre loading docks, and the Bell Trinity Building on the east side of Bay Street (north of Albert Street) will be available from Dundas St. W.
- Hagerman Street, full roadway from Bay Street to Elizabeth Street
- Elizabeth Street, full roadway from Hagerman Street to Dundas Street West
- Albert Street, full roadway from Bay Street to James Street
- James Street, full road from Queen Street West to Albert Street
Sunday, October 20, 2019:
4 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- University Avenue, both northbound and southbound lanes will be fully closed from Dundas Street West to Front Street West
- Armoury Street is fully closed from Centre Avenue to University Avenue
4 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Bay Street is fully closed from Queen Street to Lakeshore Boulevard
5 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Lakeshore Boulevard is fully closed (east and west) from Windermere Avenue to the Don Roadway
6 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Queen Street is fully closed from Simcoe Street to Yonge Street
- Richmond Street is fully closed from Simcoe Street to Yonge Street
- Adelaide Street is fully closed from Simcoe Street to Yonge Street
- York Street is fully closed from Queen Street to Richmond Street
6 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Queen Street is fully closed from University Avenue to Yonge Street
- Bay Street is fully closed from Lakeshore Boulevard to Queens Quay
Exceptions include the following locations:
- Eastbound curb lane on Lakeshore Boulevard West from Windermere Avenue to Oarsman Drive to allow access to the Boulevard Club, Royal Canadian Legion
- Access to HMCS York, Coronation Park, and Ontario Place shall be provided from Stadium Road
6 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Front St Eastbound lanes ONLY from Church Street to Jarvis Street
- Wellington Street from Church Street to York Street
- Richmond Street from Sheppard Street to Yonge Street
- Adelaide Street from Sheppard Street to Yonge Street
- Temperance Street from Sheppard Street to Yonge Street
7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Queens Quay West Eastbound lanes ONLY from Bay Street to Parliament Street
7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- King Street West from York Street to Yonge Street
8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- University Avenue/Queens Park Crescent from Dundas Street to Bloor Street
8 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
- Bloor Street from St. George Street to Bay Street
- St. George Street from Bloor Street West to Harbord Street
- Harbord Street from St. George Street to Bathurst Street
8 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
- Bathurst Street from Harbord Street to Lake Shore Boulevard
8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Fort York Boulevard from Bathurst Street to Lake Shore Boulevard
8 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Cherry Street from Lakeshore Boulevard to Eastern Avenue
8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Mill Street from Cherry Street to Bayview Avenue
- Bayview Avenue from Mill Street to Rosedale Valley Road
8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Carlaw Avenue from Eastern Avenue to Lakeshore Boulevard East
- Lake Shore Boulevard East from Carlaw Avenue to Woodbine Avenue
- Queen Street from Woodbine Avenue to Beech Avenue
8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Eastern Avenue/Front from Carlaw Avenue to Jarvis Street
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Connie Osborne, Corporate Communications, for Police Constable Brenda Normalm, Major Events