Toronto Real Estate Agent arrested in Fraud Investigation,
Broadcast time: 13:00
Thursday, October 24, 2019
Case #: 2019-2007093
On Wednesday, October 2, 2019, the Toronto Police Service’s Financial Crimes Unit were made aware of a large-scale bank fraud.
It is alleged that:
- A man operated his own business in the name of Grange Real Estate Inc. Brokerage with connections in the Greater Toronto area and internationally.
- In August 2018, counterfeit deposits into a business account amounted to over $2.9 million
- Following the deposits, several transactions involving transfer, credit and bill payments were made at several different bank branches.
On Wednesday, October 16, 2019, TPS Financial Crimes unit located and arrested Dwight Grange, 50, who is charged with:
1. Fraud Over $5000 x 2
2. Attempt Fraud Over x 2
3. Utter Forged Document
Following the execution of a search warrant, it is alleged a large quantity of narcotics were discovered.
Dwight Grange and a woman, Amanda Milward, 49, have been charged with:
1. Possession - Schedule 1 x 4
2. Possession for The Purpose - Schedule 1 x 4
If you believe you have any information that can assist with this investigation, please contact police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Connie Osborne, Corporate Communications, for Financial Crimes Unit.