Public Safety Alert,
Commercial Break and Enters in 42 Division
Broadcast time: 17:00
Thursday, October 24, 2019
The Toronto Police Service is requesting assistance from the public in identifying a suspect in an ongoing Break and Enter investigation.
It was reported that:
- on Friday, October 18, 2019, between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m., a man gained access to a restaurant located in the Milner Avenue and McCowan Road area by forcing the front door
- the cash register was targeted and a quantity of cash was obtained by the suspect
It is further reported that:
- on Wednesday, October 23, 2019, between 3 a.m and 4 a.m., a man gained access to four separate restaurant kiosks inside a plaza in the Midland Avenue and Steeles Avenue East area
- the front entrances to the four restaurants were forced, the cash registers were targeted, and a quantity of cash was taken from each unit
- the same suspect also attended another restaurant, in the same area, and forced the front door open
- the cash register area was targeted, however nothing was taken from this location
In all incidents the man was described as white, 30-40, wearing dark clothing, a two-toned ‘varsity style’ jacket with a hood, gloves, and was also riding a mountain-style bicycle.
Members of the public are being asked to report any suspicious person(s) seen in or around commercial areas during non-business hours. Owners/operators of commercial companies are being reminded to secure all valuables within the premises or move all valuables off site during non-business hours.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Dan Lowe, 42 Division Major Crime Unit