Arrest in kidnapping investigation,
Nathan Burke, 26, facing 14 charges
Broadcast time: 14:00
Friday, October 25, 2019
Case #: 2019-2051322
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the media and public aware of a man arrested in a kidnapping investigation, and thank them for their assistance.
It is alleged that:
- on Thursday, October 24, 2019, a man kidnapped a woman and a 18-month-old child in the Silver Star Boulevard and Midland Avenue area
- all three were located in Brampton
As a result of the investigation Nathan Burke, 26, of Brampton was arrested and charged with:
1. Two counts of Assault
2. Threaten Death
3. Criminal Harassment
4. Two counts of Kidnapping
5. Three counts of Assault
7. Possession of a Weapon For a Dangerous Purpose
8. Possession of Cannabis for the Purpose of Distributing
9. Possession of Proceeds of Crime Over $5000
10. Possess Counterfeit Money
He appeared in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East on Friday, October 25, 2019, 10 a.m., room 412.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective David Crampton, 42 Division