Personal Injury Collision #68/2019
McNicoll Avenue and McCowan Road
Broadcast time: 11:00
Thursday, October 31, 2019
Case #: 2019-2099158
On Wednesday, October 30, 2019, at 8:06 p.m., police received a report of a collision at the intersection of McNicoll Avenue and McCowan Road.
It is reported that:
- A 36-year-old man was driving a black Dodge Caravan westbound on McNicoll Avenue
- A 79-year-old woman was crossing McNicoll Avenue from the south to north side
- The westbound Dodge, which had right of way, stuck the pedestrian
- The pedestrian received life-threatening injuries and was transported to a trauma centre
- The driver remained at the scene
The investigation is ongoing by Traffic Services.
Police are asking local residents, business, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Sergeant Jason Kraft, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services