Black Creek Drive/Trethewey Drive,
Andre Cunningham, 20, Arrested
Broadcast time: 10:50
Monday, November 4, 2019
West Field Command
Case #: 2019-2098957
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a shooting investigation.
On Wednesday, October 30, 2019, at approximately 7:30 p.m., police were called for a shooting in the Black Creek Drive/Trethewey Drive area.
It is reported that:
- a group of people were gathered in a hallway of a low-rise
See previous news release.
On Sunday, November 3, 2019, the West Gun Violence Suppression Unit executed multiple search warrants.
As a result, Andre Cunningham, 20, of Toronto, was arrested.
He is charged with:
1) five counts of Attempt Murder
2) five counts of Discharge Firearm Being Reckless as to the Life or Safety of Another Person
3) Handle Firearm Carelessly
4) Possess Loaded Regulated Firearm
5) Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm without Holding a Licence and Registration Certificate
6) Carry Concealed Weapon
7) Possess Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace
8) Occupy Motor Vehicle with Firearm
He is scheduled to appear on Monday, November 4, 2019, at 2201 Finch Avenue West, in courtroom 204, at 10 a.m.
The investigation remains ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Kevin Moor, West Command Gun Violence Suppression Unit