Armed robbery investigation,
Firearm seized and arrest made
Broadcast time: 13:12
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Case #: 2019-2142559
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in an armed robbery investigation.
On Monday, November 4, 2019, at approximately 9:50 p.m., police were called for a robbery in the Ellesmere Road/Brimley Road area.
It is alleged that:
- a man attended the area and approached a food delivery person
- the man produced a handgun and robbed the delivery person of his credit cards, money, and the food that was being delivered
After an initial investigation, officers executed a search at the suspect's home on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
It is further alleged that the following was seized:
- a semi-automatic rifle
- an over-capacity magazine loaded with 27 rounds of ammunition
On Wednesday, November 6, 2019, a 37 year old woman, an 18 year old man, and four boys, all of Toronto, were arrested and each charged with:
1) Unauthorized possession of a firearm
2) Possession of a firearm knowing possession is not authorized
3) Possess of firearm with altered serial number
4) Unsafe storage of a firearm
5) Possession of a prohibited device
Two of the boys were additionally charged with:
6) Robbery with a firearm.
They are all scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, November 6, 2019, at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East, in courtroom 412, at 10 a.m.
The identity of the adults cannot be released as it would lead to the identities of the children.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications, for Detective Joe Capizzo, 41 Division