Street robbery investigation,
Six youths arrested,
Avenue Road and Brooke Avenue area
Broadcast time: 14:56
Sunday, November 10, 2019
Case #: 2019-2163538
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of arrests made in relation to a robbery that occurred in the Avenue Road and Brooke Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- on Friday, November 8, 2019, at approximately 10:30 p.m., the victim was walking in the area of Avenue Road and Brooke Avenue
- the victim was approached from behind by six youths
- the victim was ordered to empty his pockets
- he was thrown to the ground, assaulted and choked
- he was robbed of personal items
- the youths fled on foot and were arrested by police nearby
Six boys, between the ages of 14 and 16, all of Toronto, were arrested and charged with Robbery.
They appeared in court at Old City Hall on Saturday November 9, 2019, at 9 a.m., in courtroom 101.
***Please refer to Section 110, Subsection 1, of the YCJA:
110. (1) Subject to this section, no person shall publish the name of a young person, or any other information related to a young person, if it would identify the young person as a young person dealt with under this Act.***
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Stephanie Nassis, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Chris Pulenza, 32 Division.