Cavalcade of Lights,
Saturday, November 30, 2019,
Broadcast time: 08:00
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
Public Safety - Major Events
On Saturday, November 30, 2019, the City of Toronto will hold the 53rd Annual Cavalcade of Lights.
The event starts at 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., and there will be live music on the stage.
This event will also include the lighting of City Hall's Christmas Tree at 8:05 p.m., a pyrotechnics show at 9:30 p.m., and public skating throughout the event.
Road closures for both vehicles and pedestrian traffic will be in effect from 4 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. as follows:
- Queen Street West from Yonge Street to University Avenue
- Bay Street from Dundas Street West to Richmond Street. Local traffic only from Dundas Street West to Hagerman Street. Sidewalk closed on the west side of Bay Street adjacent to City Hall from Hagerman Street to Albert Street
- James Street local traffic only between Queen Street and Albert Street. Access plan provided for local stakeholders at Bay Street and Hagerman Street. Suspended public street parking
- Albert Street local traffic only between James Street and Bay Street. Access plan provided for local stakeholders at Bay Street and Hagerman Street. Suspended public street parking
- York Street local traffic only between Richmond Street West and Queen Street West. Full closure at Queen Street
- Hagerman Street from Elizabeth Street to Bay Street
- Elizabeth Street full closure between Foster Place and Hagerman Street. Suspended public street parking.
The 501 Queen Street streetcar will divert between Church Street and Spadina Avenue along King Street.
The number 6 Bus on Bay Street will divert to Yonge Street.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area and consider alternate routes.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Constable Susan Guadagnano, Public Safety-Major Events