Personal Injury Collision #74/2019 (Fail to Remain),
St Clair Avenue West and Christie Street,
Police Seeking Public’s Assistance in Hit-and-Run Investigation
Broadcast time: 14:28
Saturday, November 23, 2019
Case #: 2019-2258968
On Friday, November 22, 2019, at 11:21 p.m., police received reports of a collision at St Clair Avenue West, near Christie Street.
It is reported that:
- an unidentified person was driving a blue SUV westbound on St Clair Avenue West, near Christie Street
- an 84-year-old man was crossing St Clair Avenue West near Christie Street, from the north to south curb, when he was struck by the suspect vehicle
- the driver of the vehicle slowed down for a moment, before continuing westbound on St Clair Avenue West and was last seen near Keele Street
The pedestrian was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries. The investigation is ongoing by Traffic Services.
Suspect vehicle being sought by police:
- Volkswagen SUV with Ontario licence plate number “CKKE 113”
- model Atlas or Tiguan
- blue in colour, with possible front-end damage
- last seen westbound on St Clair Avenue West
Police are asking local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Sergeant Jason Kraft, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services