Fatal Collision 52/2019
Don Mills Road and Green Belt Drive
Broadcast time: 11:30
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
Case #: 2019-2274826
On Monday, November 25, 2019, at 12:10 p.m., police received a report of a serious collision involving two vehicles at Don Mills Road and Green Belt Drive.
It is reported that:
- a Beck Taxi cab was southbound on Don Mills Road. The 43-year-old driver was making a left turn onto Green Belt Drive
- a 17-year-old male was driving a grey Mazda 3 northbound on Don Mills Road
- the two vehicles collided in the middle of the intersection
- the Mazda spun and struck a traffic signal pole before coming to a stop
- a 17-year-old female passenger of the Mazda was pronounced at the scene
- the driver of the Mazda , and two passengers, were transported to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries
- the driver of the taxi remained at the scene and did not suffer any physical injuries
The investigation is ongoing by Traffic Services.
Police are asking local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Sergeant Jason Kraft, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services