Arrest made in Bank Robbery investigation,
Jeffery Bluecloud, 34, facing multiple charges
Broadcast time: 13:45
Thursday, November 28, 2019
Case #: 2019-2199893
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in relation to a series of bank robberies that occurred in the downtown area of the city.
It is alleged that:
- between Thursday, November 14, 2019, and Monday, November 18, 2019, three financial institutions were victims of three separate robberies
- in each instance a lone male suspect entered the banks while wearing a hooded jacket, mask and gloves
- the suspect indicated he was armed with a gun (no weapons seen), and produced a note demanding cash
- the suspect took a quantity of cash following each robbery
- he was then observed fleeing the area in a taxi cab
On Tuesday November 26, 2019, officers arrested Jeffery Bluecloud, 34.
He has been charged with:
1) Three counts of Robbery with a Firearm
2) Three counts of Disguise with intent
3) Fail to Comply with Recognizance
He is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, December 4, 2019, at 2201 Finch Avenue West.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up