North York Winter Maintenance By-Law
Broadcast time: 00:30
Sunday, December 1, 2019
The North York Winter Maintenance By-law prohibits parking on streets in the former City of North York between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m., from December 1, up to and including March 31 of the following year. This bylaw ensures the City can completely clear streets of snow, and that large emergency vehicles can have free vehicular flow.
The Parking Enforcement Unit will begin enforcement of this bylaw on Sunday, December 1, 2019 at 12 a.m.
The following streets/locations are exempt from the North York Winter Maintenance By-law:
- Maple Bush Avenue
- Purchase Place
- Seeley Drive
- Torbarrie Road - section fronting townhouses on the east side near Judy Sgro Avenue
- Four Winds Drive – indented Pay & Display parking sections only
- Village at York Subdivision – immediately south of York University – all streets are exempt except Jack Wiggins Lane
- Westown Subdivision – south side of Sheppard Avenue West, east of Weston Road (opposite Rivalda Road). Some of the side streets provide overnight parking and are exempt – Mary Chapman Boulevard, Parrotta Drive, Abraham Welsh Drive, Isaac Devins Boulevard, McCartney Street, and Charlie Jordan Road.
- Woburn Avenue - first block west of Avenue Road (#431 to #488)
- Cactus Avenue - metered boulevard section south of Steeles Avenue West
- Goldthread Terrace – north side only
- Brookdale Avenue - north side from Avenue Road, going east to the North York
municipal boundary (#368 to #390 approximately)
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications, for Manager Brian Moniz, Parking Enforcement