Firearm and Ammunition Cache Seized,
Yonge St. and Eglinton Ave.,
Man, 25, Faces 22 Charges
Broadcast time: 10:15
Monday, January 13, 2020
Case #: 2019-2458821
The Toronto Police Service is announcing an arrest after seizing firearms and ammunition from a vehicle.
It is alleged that:
- On Saturday, December 21, 2019, with assistance from the public, members of the Toronto Police Service began an investigation involving a white 1992 Cadillac DeVille in the area of Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue
- Subsequent to an investigation and a search warrant executed, officers were able to recover four firearms and ammunition, which may be linked to other offences
See previous release
On Tuesday, January 7, 2020, an arrest was made in relation to this investigation. A 25-year-old Toronto man was charged and is now facing 22 firearm, ammunition and weapons related charges and one charge for breaching a previous bail condition.
David Leonard Abraham, 25, of Toronto, was charged with:
1) Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm Knowingly
Not Holding a Licence and Registration Certificate X 4
2) Possess Prohibited/ Restricted Weapon or Prohibited
Device Knowing No Authority X 3
3) Possess Firearm, Etc. Obtained by Crime X 4
4) Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm without Holding a Licence and Registration X 4
5) Use/ Handle/ Store Firearm, ETC. Carelessly X 4
6) Use/ Handle/ Store Ammunition Carelessly
7) Possession of a prohibited weapon (brass knuckles)
8) Tampering With Serial Number
9) Fail to Comply with Recognizance
He appeared at College Park Court on Wednesday, January 8, 2020, at 10 a.m., room 501.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Kevin Masterman, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Adrian Terzo, 53 Division Major Crime Unit