Stolen vehicle with dog inside,
2006 Silver BMW X3,
McCowan Road and Eglinton Avenue East
Broadcast time: 09:37
Saturday, January 25, 2020
Case #: 2020-168638
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public’s assistance locating a stolen vehicle.
On Friday, January 24, 2020, at approximately 11:20 p.m., police were called to the area of McCowan Road and Eglinton Avenue East, Toronto for a theft of a motor vehicle that had just occurred.
It is reported that:
- the victim had parked their 2006 silver BMW X3 (licence plate BYXX 637) and had gone into a convenience store
- the car was left running while they went into the store
- while they were in the store the car was stolen
- the car was last seen travelling northbound on McCowan Road, from this location
- inside the vehicle, at the time of the theft, was a three-and-a-half-year-old dog. It is a female tan coloured Black Mouth Cur dog, weighing 60lbs and belonging to the victim
The Toronto Police Service is asking for assistance in locating the car and dog, as well as identifying the suspect in this offence.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Robert Reid, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Stephen Hewitt, 43 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau