Search Warrant Executed,
St Clair Avenue West and Old Weston Road area,
Firearms and ammunition recovered
Broadcast time: 10:00
Sunday, January 26, 2020
Case #: 2020-17331
The Toronto Police would like to make the public aware of a search warrant that was executed in the area of St Clair Avenue West and Old Weston Road area.
On Saturday, January 25, 2020, at approximately 7:30 p.m., officers from the 11 Division Major Crime Unit, along with officers from the Emergency Task Force and K9 unit, executed a Criminal Code search warrant.
It is alleged:
- several firearms and ammunition were seized from the address, as well as suspected explosives
Oskar Berrios Juarez, 49, of Toronto, and Jennifer Neira, 35, of Toronto, were arrested and have both been charged with the following offences:
- Four counts of Unauthroized Possesion of Firearm
- Five counts of Prohibited/Restricted Weapon or Prohibited Device Knowing No Authority
- Two counts of Possess Unloaded Regulated Firearm
- Four counts of Possess Firearm without Holding a Licence
- Possess Firearm with Altered Serial Number
- Four counts of Store Firearm Carelessly
- Possess Firearm Obtained by Crime
- Ten counts of Make or Possess Explosive
They are both scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall, on Sunday, January 27, 2020, at 10:00 a.m., court room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Craig Brister, Corporate Communications, for Detective Kirstan Draper, 11 Division