Man arrested in firearm investigation,
Abdulrahman Banouri, 25
Broadcast time: 20:45
Saturday, February 8, 2020
Case #: 2020-268282
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a firearm investigation.
On Friday, February 7, 2020, at 3:50 p.m., officers responded to a call for a person with a gun in the Kennedy Road and Eglinton Avenue East area.
It is reported that:
- a pedestrian was walking across the street and was almost struck by a vehicle
- the driver and pedestrian became involved in a verbal argument
- the driver brandished a firearm in an attempt to intimidate the pedestrian
- the driver fled the scene
On Saturday, February 8, 2020, Abdulrahman Banouri, 25, of Toronto, was arrested. He is charged with:
1. Two counts of Possession of a Firearm in a Vehicle
2. Two counts of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
3. Two counts of Possession of Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
4. Three counts of Possession of a Prohibited Device
5. Use a Firearm to Commit an Indictable Offence
6. Uttering Threats
7. Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
8. Possession of Proceeds of Crime
9. Two counts of Carry Concealed Weapons
10. Two counts of Weapons Dangerous
11. Two counts of Unauthorized Possession in a Motor Vehicle
12. Two counts of Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition
13. Three counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance
He will appear in court, at Old City Hall, on Sunday, February 9, 2020, at 10 a.m., in room 101.
A loaded firearm and two prohibited magazines with 32 bullets were seized. A quantity of a powdery substance believe to be cocaine was also seized.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Giuseppe Capizzo, 41 Division