Child Sexual Abuse Material investigation,
Kenneth Arseneault-Lewis, 32
Broadcast time: 13:00
Friday, February 14, 2020
Case #: 2020-197737
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a Child Exploitation investigation.
It is alleged that:
- in the summer of 2017, a man befriended a 13-year-old American girl online
- the man increased communication
- over time, the man asked the girl to send naked photos and videos of herself
- the man made threats in order to receive them
- the girl's parents discovered the relationship and reported it to their local police
On Wednesday, January 29, 2020, the Toronto Police Service Child Exploitation Section executed a search warrant at a home and arrested Kenneth Arseneault-Lewis, 32, of Toronto.
He is charged with :
1) Luring a child under 16
2) Luring a child under 18
4) Possession of Child Pornography
5) Access Child Pornography
He is scheduled to appear in court on Friday, February 14, 2020, at College Park Courts, at 10:00 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-8500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
Reporting can also be made at Canada’s National Tipline for Reporting the Online Sexual Exploitation of Children at www.cybertip.ca.
This project has been made possible by a grant from the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Brendan Alexa, Sex Crimes - Child Exploitation Section