Arrest Made for Three Retail Robberies in Toronto,
Three Suspects Still Outstanding
Broadcast time: 14:40
Monday, March 9, 2020
Case #: 2020-474881
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of a boy arrested in relation to three retail robberies that occurred in Toronto.
On Friday, March 6, 2020, police responded to three calls between approximately 3 p.m to 4 p.m for retail robberies at a plaza on The West Mall, the Rexdale Boulevard and Precision Road area, and a plaza on Elmhurst Drive.
It is alleged that:
- three pharmacy retail store robberies were committed
- in each incident four male suspects entered the store while concealing their identities with masks and gloves
- one of the suspects was armed with a handgun and made demands for money and drugs
- in one incident, a suspect assaulted a 72-year-old woman, who was a customer, causing her to fall to the ground
- in each incident, the suspects took a quantity of cash and drugs before fleeing the areas in a dark pickup truck
- divisional officers were able to locate the getaway vehicle being driven by a boy, and after a brief foot pursuit he was arrested
Hold Up Squad investigators executed two search warrants and seized clothing.
A 14-year-old boy, of Toronto, was charged with:
1) Three counts of Robbery With Offensive Weapon
2) Three counts of Disguise With Intent
3) Conspiracy to Commit Indicatable Offence
4) Theft Under $5,000
He appeared in court for a Bail Hearing on Saturday, March 7, 2020 at 10:00 a.m., at 2201 Finch Avenue West Court, Room 204
Hold Up Squad officers are continuing the investigation in an attempt to locate three unidentified suspects.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
**Please refer to Section 110, Subsection 1, of the YCA:
110. (1) Subject to this section, no person shall publish the name of a young person, or any other information related to a young person, if it would identify the young person as a young person dealt with under this Act**
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up Squad