Man Arrested for Ten Retail Robberies in Toronto
Broadcast time: 13:10
Monday, March 9, 2020
Case #: 2019-2339760
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad is notifying the public of an arrest made in relation to ten retail robberies.
It is alleged that:
- between Wednesday, December 4, 2019, and Wednesday, March 4, 2020, ten retail store robberies were committed in Toronto
- in each incident the suspect entered the store wearing a disguise and was armed with a knife
- he made demands for money and products and threatened to “stab” the employees if they did not cooperate
- he took a quantity of cash and liquor before fleeing the areas on foot
Hold Up Squad investigators located a boy and arrested him.
A 15-year-old boy has been charged with:
1) Ten counts of Robbery With Offensive Weapon
2) Ten counts of Disguise With Intent
3) Ten counts of Carry Concealed Weapon
4) Ten counts of Fail to Comply YCJA
He appeared in court for a Bail Hearing on Monday, March 9, 2020 at 9:00 a.m., at 311 Jarvis Street Court, Room 1
**Please refer to Section 110, Subsection 1, of the YCA:
110. (1) Subject to this section, no person shall publish the name of a young person, or any other information related to a young person, if it would identify the young person as a young person dealt with under this Act**
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up Squad.