Man Arrested for Bank and Retail Robberies in the Greater Toronto Area,
Stephen Bond, 52
Broadcast time: 16:10
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Case #: 2020-512659
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in relation to five bank robberies and two retail robberies that occurred in the Greater Toronto area.
It is alleged that:
- between Monday, September 30, 2019, and Wednesday, March 11, 2020, five banks and two retail pharmacy stores were robbed
- in each incident, a man entered the store wearing a disguise and armed with a black handgun
- the man made demands for cash and/or prescription medications as he pointed the firearm at the employees
- the man took a quantity of cash and prescription medications
- the man then fled the areas in a stolen vehicle
On Wednesday, March 11, 2020, officers responded to a radio call for a bank robbery in Etobicoke, and an arrest was made.
Stephen Bond, 52, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1. seven counts of Robbery With a Firearm
2. seven counts of Disguise With Intent
3. seven counts of Point Firearm
4. ten counts of Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
He was due to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Thursday, March 12, 2020, at 10 a.m.
At the the time of the arrest officers recovered two replica handguns, money, clothing, and three sets of stolen licence plates.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold-Up Squad