Personal Injury Collision #10/2020,
Sunrise Avenue and O’Connor Drive
Broadcast time: 12:15
Thursday, March 26, 2020
Case #: 2020-598639
On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, at 5:26 a.m., police received a report of a serious collision, at Sunrise Avenue and O’Connor Drive.
It is reported that:
- 60-year-old man was driving a white 2017 Chrysler 300 southbound on O’Connor Drive, approaching Sunrise Avenue
- a pedestrian - a 57-year-old man - was crossing from the east to west side of O’Connor at Sunrise Avenue, against a red traffic signal
- the southbound vehicle struck the man
- he was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries
- the driver remained at scene
The investigation is ongoing by members of Traffic Services.
Police are asking local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Sergeant Jason Kraft, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services