Identity Sought of Man in Sexual Assault Investigation,
Yonge Street and Bloor Street area,
Broadcast time: 12:00
Friday, May 1, 2020
Case #: 2020-814418
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance identifying a man as part of a sexual assault investigation.
On Thursday, April 30, 2020, at approximately 4:30 p.m., officers responded to a call for a sexual assault in the Yonge Street and Bloor Street East area.
It is alleged that:
- a woman had exited the subway and proceeded to walk south on Yonge Street
- a man approached the woman and sexually assaulted her
- the woman ran into a nearby open restaurant and the man followed her inside and continued to harass the woman
- the staff in the restaurant escorted the man out of the restaurant where he continued to make numerous gestures
- the man then left north bound on Yonge Street
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
A sexual assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact. It includes, but is not limited to, kissing, grabbing, oral sex and penetration. To learn more about sexual assault, including how to report a sexual assault, please visit our Sex Crimes website.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Detective Corey Crawford, 51 Division