Second Man Arrested in Retail Robbery Investigation,
Rathburn Road and Renforth Drive area
Broadcast time: 14:00
Monday, May 4, 2020
Case #: 2020-663772
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of a second arrest in relation to a retail robbery that occurred in the Rathburn Road and Renforth Drive area.
See previous news release.
It is alleged that:
- on Sunday, April 5, 2020, a convenience retail store robbery was committed in Toronto
- two men entered the store and approached the checkout counter
- one of the suspects grabbed a tray of lottery tickets
- the suspects then began to assault a store employee
- the suspects broke the front door of the store before fleeing the scene in a black sedan car
It is further alleged that:
- between Friday, April 3, 2020, and Tuesday, April 7, 2020, one of the suspects in the convenience store robbery committed a break and enter at a retail store, as well as several retail store thefts
Hold Up Squad investigators, working with officers from 13 Division, located and arrested a second suspect.
Pablo Garcia-Nunez, 36, Toronto, has been charged with:
He was scheduled to appear in court on Saturday, May 2, 2020, at 10 a.m., at Old City Hall, Room 111
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up Squad