Police seek assistance in Robbery investigation,
Buckingham Avenue and St Ives Avenue area
Broadcast time: 14:00
Thursday, May 14, 2020
Case #: 2020-880735
The Toronto Police Service are seeking the public's assistance in identifying men involved in an armed robbery investigation.
On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at approximately 12:18 a.m., police received a call for a a carjacking-type robbery in the Buckingham Avenue and St Ives Avenue area.
It is reported that:
- on Tuesday, May 11, 2020, at approximately 11:52 p.m., a call for an order of food worth approximately $28 was made to a restaurant
- the caller requested delivery to the Buckingham Avenue and St Ives Avenue area
- a 22-year-old man went to the location to deliver the food
- when her arrived, there were four men. Two of the men brandished a firearm
- the men demanded he got out of the vehicle and threatened to steal it. Approximately $1000 of cash was inside
- the victim ran for his safety
- police recovered the vehicle and the cash at the scene
- the men are described as black, skinny build, approximately 5'9", with short hair. They were wearing dark clothing, black masks, hats, gloves and a scarf covering their face except the eyes
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Adrian Terzo, 53 Division