Arrest made in Prescription Fraud Investigation,
Adam Hossny, 25
Broadcast time: 13:00
Tuesday, May 19, 2020
Case #: 2020-919484
On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 10:10 p.m., the Toronto Police Service received a radio call for a fraud in progress in the Eglinton Avenue West and Spadina Road area.
It is alleged that:
- a man presented fraudulent prescriptions at multiple pharmacies located in Toronto
Six warrants were issued by the Toronto Police Service, and eight warrants by other police services in the Greater Toronto Area.
On Monday, May 18, 2020, at 10:10 p.m., Adam Hossny, 25, of Toronto was arrested. He is charged with:
1. three counts of Utter Forged Document
2. three counts of Fraud Under
3. four counts of Assault
4. two counts of Assault with a Weapon
5. Utter Threats
6. Fail to Comply - Recognizance
He is scheduled to appear in court at College Park on Tuesday, May 19, 2020, at 10 a.m., in room 507.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Nuno Silva, 14 Division