Public Safety Alert,
Broadcast time: 07:30
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
Case #: 2020- 909295
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of a series of distraction thefts that are taking place throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
It is reported that:
- a group of two or three women were travelling around in a vehicle
- a woman exits the vehicle and approaches people
- the woman then advises she has a piece of jewelry that belonged to her father and begins to give it to the victim
- the woman places a piece of fake jewelry around the victim's neck
- at the same time, the woman then removes the victim's personal jewelry
The woman is described as white, 40 to 45 years of age, with red hair in a bun.
One of the women was seen wearing long gold coloured earrings, floral coloured blouse, and wearing a long purple or blue shawl, with a black skirt and black running shoes. The vehicle they were seen in is described as a white, four door Volkswagen Tiguan SUV.
The public is asked to be aware of any suspicious vehicles or suspicious activity in their neighbourhoods.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Ranbir Dhillon, 12 Division