Morningside Avenue and Ellesmere Road area,
Multiple firearms charges laid
Broadcast time: 18:00
Saturday, June 6, 2020
Case #: 2020-1038019
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest where a loaded firearm was allegedly recovered.
On Friday, June 5, 2020, at approximately 9:10 p.m. 43 Division Neighbourhood Community Officers were working in the Morningside area as part of the program.
It is alleged that:
- officers conducted a vehicle stop under the Highway Traffic Act in the Morningside Avenue and Ellesmere Road area
- following investigation, a loaded mini Glock pistol and a quantity of an illegal drug were located in the vehicle
Tatyana Ortiz, 26, has been charged with:
1) Possess Restricted Or Prohibited Firearm Without Holding A Licence And Registration Certificate
2) Possess Restricted Or Prohibited Firearm Knowingly Not Holding A Licence And Registration Certificate
3) Occupy Motor Vehicle With Firearm, etc.
4) Possess Weapon, Etc./Dangerous To Public Peace
5) Possess Loaded Regulated Firearm
6) Possess Firearm With Altered Serial Number
7) Unlawfully Possess Schedule I Substance
8) Possess Schedule I Substance For Trafficking
9) Unlawfully Possess Counterfeit Mark
10) Unlawfully Possess Counterfeit Mark
She is scheduled to appear at court on Saturday, June 6, 2020, at Old City Hall, at 10 a.m., room 114.
Neighbourhood Community Officers work in partnership with local residents and community-based organizations to address crime, disorder and community safety issues. They are embedded in one neighbourhood for at least four years to actively co-develop solutions and mobilize Toronto Police resources in order to reduce crime, fear of crime and anti-social behaviour.
For more information on the program visit torontopolice.on.ca/community/ncop.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Sergeant Zenon Costa-Correia, 43 Division Neighbourhood Community Officer