Fatal Collision #14,
Public's Assistance Sought in Fail to Remain Investigation,
Brimley Road and Comrie Terrace
Broadcast time: 11:45
Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Case #: 2020-1064422
On Tuesday, June 09, 2020, at 10:10 p.m., police received a report of a serious collision involving a motorcycle at Brimley Road and Comrie Terrace.
It is reported that:
- a 22-year-old man was riding a black Suzuki motorcycle, carrying a 21-year-old female passenger, southbound on Brimley Road at Comrie Terrace
- at the same time, an unidentified pickup truck was northbound on Brimley Road, making a left turn onto Comrie Terrace. The truck collided with the motorcycle
- the 21-year-old female passenger was taken to hospital but succumbed to her injuries
- the 22-year-old motorcyclist was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries
- the unidentified pickup truck continued westbound on Comrie Terrace and fled the scene.
- the pickup truck is described as a single cab pickup truck with damage to the rear passenger side bumper area
The investigation is ongoing by members of Traffic Services. This is a fail to remain collision investigation and police are seeking the public’s assistance in locating the pickup truck and driver.
Police are asking local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Sergeant Jason Kraft, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services