Vanderhoof Avenue and Research Road area,
Victim Identified and Suspect Vehicle Description Released
Broadcast time: 16:05
Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Case #: 2020-1063476
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of a homicide investigation.
On Tuesday, June 9, 2020, at 7:30 p.m., police responded to a radio call for the sound of multiple gunshots in the Vanderhoof Avenue and Research Road area.
It is reported:
- a group of people were sitting in a parked vehicle
- the suspects approached in a vehicle and started shooting at the parked vehicle
- police arrived on scene and located two victims
- a 20-year-old man received non-life threatening injuries
- another man was taken to hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased
He has been identified as Maaz Jogiyat, 20, of Toronto.
His images has been released.
The suspect vehicle is described as a dark coloured 4-door SUV and was last seen northbound on Brentcliffe Road towards Eglinton Avenue East.
The investigation remains ongoing and detectives are appealing to anyone who had contact with the victim, earlier that day, to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Les Dunkley, Homicide