Man arrested in imitation firearm investigation,
Michael Hager, 29
Broadcast time: 09:15
Monday, June 15, 2020
Case #: 2020-1081559
The Toronto Police Service 52 Division - Major Crime Unit would like to make the public aware of an arrest in an imitation firearm investigation.
The incident occurred on Saturday, June 13, 2020, in the Yonge Street and Wellesley Street West area.
It is alleged:
- a man was in the vicinity of St. Nicholas Street and Irwin Avenue openly carrying what appeared to be a firearm
- a concerned person contacted 911 and advised there was a person with a gun
- officers arrived and a man was arrested
- an imitation firearm seized
On Saturday, June 13, 2020, Michael Hager, 29, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1. Possession of an Imitation Weapon
2. Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance For The Purpose of Trafficking
3. Possession of Proceeds of Crime Under $5000
He is to appear in court at Old City Hall on Sunday, June 14, 2020.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Derek Prodeus, 52 Division