Arrest Made In Robbery Investigation,
Bathurst Street And Eglinton Avenue West Area,
Adam Hossny, 25
Broadcast time: 17:45
Thursday, June 18, 2020
Case #: 2020-248560
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a robbery investigation.
It is reported alleged that:
- on Tuesday, February 4, 2020, at approximately 10 p.m., two men met to complete an online sale in the Bathurst Street and Eglinton Avenue West area of Toronto.
- one man, who acted as a buyer via an online classified advertising service, arranged to meet the other man via text message
- the two men met in a parking lot where they spent approximately an hour speaking about the purchase of the product. During this time, the one man took a picture of the other’s driver’s licence
- the one man subsequently robbed the other with a 12-inch kitchen knife
- the man then immediately sent a text message to the victim with a picture of the victim's licence
- he then threatened him not to contact police or have the phone blacklisted or else he knows where he lives
On Tuesday, June 9, 2020, members of 53 Division Major Crime Unit executed a search warrant and arrested Adam Hossny, 25, of Toronto.
He has been charged with:
2) Theft Under
4) Two counts of Uttering Threats
He is scheduled to appear at College Park, room 507, on Wednesday, June 24, 2020 at 10 a.m.
Police believe there may be other victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Adrian Terzo, 53 Division