Search Warrant executed in drug trafficking investigation,
Yonge Street and Isabella Street area,
Man arrested and charged
Broadcast time: 17:05
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
Case #: 2020-1011353
As part of an investigation into drug trafficking, the Toronto Police Service 51 Division Major Crime Unit executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrant on Monday, June 1, 2020. The warrant was for a tent in George Hislop Park, in the Yonge Street and Isabella Street area.
It is alleged that:
- drugs were sold from a tent
It is further alleged that drugs were seized from the tent. This included:
- 11.76 grams of fentanyl, as well as drug trafficking paraphernalia including digital scales and baggies
On Monday, June 1, 2020, Anthony Spicuglia, 22, of no fixed address, was arrested and charged with:
1. Three counts of Trafficking in Schedule I Substance
2. Possession of Proceeds of Crime
3. Two counts of Possess Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
4. Fail to Comply Release Order
5. Two counts of Fail to Comply Probation
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Tuesday, June 2, 2020, at 9 a.m., room 103.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Dustin McGrath, 51 Division