Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA) investigation,
Broadcast time: 19:25
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Case #: 2020-1180305
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an investigation under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA).
On Friday, June 26, 2020, in the evening, officers became aware that Goldie night club, located at 619 King Street West, was operating indoors against the EMCPA.
It is alleged that:
- the club has no outdoor patio or seating areas
- it has no permit for outdoor service of any kind
- patrons were allowed entry through the rear of the club
- there were no social distancing measures enforced
- it is estimated 125-150 people were observed inside
The owner, manager, and corporation will be charged with:
1) Fail to Comply with an Order Made During a Declared Emergency
This incident was investigated by the Toronto Police Service and information has been forwarded to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Darren Worth, 14 Division