Police Seek Assistance with Stabbing Investigation,
Front Street and John Street area
Broadcast time: 11:33
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Case #: 2020-1201284
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public's assistance with a stabbing investigation.
On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, at 12:25 a.m., police were called to the John Street and Front Street West area for a stabbing.
It is reported that:
- a 19-year-old man was walking on Front Street near John Street where he came across a group of five other males
- they assaulted and robbed the man
- during the assault he was stabbed numerous times with a screwdriver
- he received wounds to his upper body
- he was transported to hospital in serious medical condition
The unknown males are described as:
1. black, under 6', black hair, wearing a dark long-sleeved shirt, khaki pants, and a white surgical mask
2. white, under 6', wearing a long-sleeved hooded shirt, dark colored shorts, backwards ball cap, carrying a black Air Jordan satchel across the chest, white sneakers, black socks
3. white, under 6', wearing a gold chain, black t-shirt, black ball cap worn side-ways, carrying a light colored satchel bag, dark pants, dark shoes
4. black, around 6', black hair, wearing white t-shirt with dark markings on it, blue jeans, light colored sneakers
5. white, around 6', blond hair, wearing white t-shirt, blue jeans with a rip on the right knee, dark sneakers, wearing a dark colored knapsack on back.
The Toronto Police Service is asking for assistance in locating witnesses and in identifying the suspect in this offence.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Constable Kevin Antoine, 52 Division