Man Arrested in Bank Robbery investigation,
St. Clair Avenue West and Dufferin Street area,
Anton Chadide-Yamine, 43,
Broadcast time: 12:00
Thursday, July 23, 2020
Case #: 2020-1363877
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of a man arrested in a bank robbery investigation.
On Wednesday, July 22, 2020, a bank robbery took place in the St. Clair Avenue West and Dufferin Street area.
It is alleged that:
- a man entered the bank disguised in a hoodie, sunglasses, face mask and gloves
- the man approached the counter, threatened a 20 year-old man with a concealed weapon and demanded money
- fearing for his safety, the victim handed over a quantity of cash
- the man fled in a vehicle with the money
- officers located the man in the get-away vehicle, at which point the man attempted to flee
On Wednesday, July 22, 2020, Anton Chadide-Yamine, 43, of Brampton, was charged with:
2. Disguise with Intent
He is scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West, on Thursday, July 23, 2020, at 2 p.m., in room 306.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up Squad