Multiple drug charges laid against two women,
Controlled Drug and Substances Act Investigation
Broadcast time: 09:34
Sunday, July 26, 2020
Case #: 2020-1379886
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of multiple charges laid as part of a drugs investigation.
On Thursday, July 23, officers from 14 Division's Major Crime Unit began a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act investigation.
On Friday, July 24, 2020, officers executed a warrant.
It is alleged:
- two women were in possession of a substantial quantity of drugs at their home including crack cocaine, fentanyl, crystal meth, GHB, speed and ketamine
- a small quantity of drugs was also located on one of the women on arrest
As part of the warrant, it is further alleged the below quantity of drugs were seized:
- 61.39 grams of crack cocaine
- 17.93 grams of crystal meth
- 10.69 grams of fentanyl
- 692.47 millilitres of GHB
- 2 tablets of speed
- 33.14 grams of ketamine
- as well as $2,785.00 in proceeds of crime
Anandi Deonarine, 36, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. Nine counts of Possession for the purpose of trafficking Schedule 1 substance
2. Nine counts of Possession of Schedule I substance
3. Two counts of Possession of proceeds of crime
She was scheduled to appear in court on Saturday, July 25, 2020, at Old City Hall, at 10 a.m., in room 101.
Savanna Baczynski, 26, of Toronto is charged with:
1. Six counts of Possession for the purpose of trafficking Schedule I substance
2. Six counts of Possession of Schedule I substance
3. Possession of proceeds of crime
She was scheduled to appear at court on Saturday, July 25, 2020, at Old City Hall, at 10 a.m., in room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Laura Brabant, Corporate Communications, for Detective Darren Worth, 14 Division