Man arrested for Home Invasion and Street Robbery,
Steeles Avenue West and Bathurst Street area,
Devontay Antonio Borges, 18
Broadcast time: 13:30
Tuesday, September 1, 2020
Case #: 2020-1288618
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of a man arrested in relation to a home invasion and a street robbery in the Steeles Avenue West and Bathurst Street area.
It is alleged that:
- on Sunday, July 12, 2020, a home invasion and a street robbery were committed in Toronto
- a man gained access to a house while wearing a white Halloween mask and carrying a black handgun
- the man entered the victim’s bedroom and threatened him with the gun
- the man took the victim’s car keys and wallet before exiting the house
- as the man was walking away from the house, he approached another victim who was walking nearby
- the man pointed the gun at the victim and demanded his phone and wallet
- the man took the victim’s phone and then fled the area on foot
Hold Up Squad investigators were able to determine the identity of a man. On Monday, August 31, 2020, officers from 32/33 Division Major Crime Unit located the man and took him into custody.
It is further alleged that:
- at the time of arrest, the man was in possession of a large quantity of cocaine
Devontay Antonio Borges, 18, of Toronto, was charged with:
1. two counts of Robbery with a Firearm
2. two counts of Disguise with Intent
3. two counts of Threaten Death
4. Break & Enter Commit
5. Forcible Confinement
6. Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
7. Possession of Proceeds of Crime
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall, on Tuesday, September 1, 2020, at 10 a.m., room 103.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up