Personal Injury Collision, #28/2020
Finch Avenue West and Highway 400, Toronto
Broadcast time: 20:20
Friday, September 4, 2020
Case #: 2020-1670339
On Friday, September 4, 2020 at 5:50 a.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision that occurred in the westbound curb lane of Finch Avenue West at the on-ramp to northbound Highway 400, in Toronto.
It is reported that:
- A 53-year-old man was riding a bicycle westbound on Finch Avenue West in the curb lane. He was in the area of the on-ramp to northbound Highway 400.
- At the same time a 64-year-old man, driving a 2011 Mercedes, was also travelling west on Finch Avenue West in the curb lane in this area
- The driver rear-ended the cyclist
- The cyclist was taken to hospital.
- The cyclists injuries are life-threatening
Police are asking local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Laura Brabant, Corporate Communications, for Detective Brett Moore, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services