Robbery and Break and Enter Arrest,
South Etobicoke area,
Brian Bingley, 60
Broadcast time: 20:41
Monday, September 7, 2020
Case #: 2020-1674965
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a Robbery and Break and Enter investigation.
It is alleged that:
- in August 2020, 22 Division, Major Crime Unit, was made aware of a man that had attended multiple addresses of senior citizens in the South Etobicoke area
- the man would offer eavestrough cleaning or claim to have completed eavestrough cleaning
- he would then demand money for a service not provided.
It is further alleged that in several cases this man would enter the home uninvited and steal property or assault the occupant.
Brian Bingley, 60, of Toronto, has been arrested and charged with:
1. Two counts of Robbery
2. Two counts of Break and Enter
3. Forcible Confinement
4. Six counts of Breach of Probation
A photograph has been released.
Police are seeking the public’s assistance with this investigation and would like to speak with anyone who may have information.
Investigators believe that there may be more victims.
He was scheduled to appear in court, at Old City Hall, on Saturday, September 5, 2020, at 10 a.m., in courtroom 111.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Laura Brabant, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Nicholas Caramanico, 22 Division